- WANTED -

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Vietnam 2007 Offsite...

Dad's company organised a combine company family all expenses paid holiday to Vietnam. So of course I had to go! How often do you get to venture to such countries for a vacation. And knowing my dad, he probably chose some well developed country with good accomodation if he had the choice. So un-adventurous. So me and my mum signed up for the trip with the exclusion of my sister who had her exam on the day.

Day 1
Checked in at Changi Airport. Mingled around as usual with my dad's colleagues. Saying the standard lines "Hi! How are you!" and shaking hands with them. Its no wonder the airport provides free alcohol hand sanitizer. How appropriate. And so off we were on Singapore airlines to Vietnam. A short flight around 1.5hrs. Took this picture of Mekong River on the plane.
Upon arrival, the hot dry Vietnam air greeted us. December = wet season for Singapore. But definitely not wet season for Vietnam. The weather there was either HOT or HOTTER. Got on the bus and headed to the hotel. Along the journey, this is what we saw.

The traffic in Vietnam is horribly slow. Why? Of the 8million population, 6million of the own motorcycles. And there is only one traffic rule. Just do not collide with one another. No questions why eh, just take a look at the picture! how many of them actually wore helmets? Traffic lights are redundant as they do not follow them. But suprisingly accidents seldom occur as the speed that every vehicle is going at is relatively slow. When I mean every vehicle, that includes buses and cars. Their maximum speed there due to traffic congestion everyday is approximately 30km/h. The drivers are always in either first or second gear. I have never seen them change up to 3rd gear before.
Day2
Woke up, gymed and ate one hell of a breakfast buffet =). Food glorious Food! Yum. Had Lunch later on from 1pm to 2pm with my Dad's whole company. 10 course lunch meal. At 5pm of we were for food again at the Gala Dinner Village. It's a traditional Vietnamese Village. Here are some pictures I took.
And yes, buffet dinner again. So we ate and ate. And I drank like 3 glasses of wine. I think I grew fatter after that day.

Day 3
Headed to Mekong river for the tour. Took a bum boat out to the Cocunut Island. I must say I saw the bumboat did a drift on the water and am impressed. I never knew they were capable of doing so at such slow speed. Pictures again! Here's a petrol kiosk on the the sea itself.
We went on the island and had some fruits and enjoyed the scenary there. And what a way to end our journey on the island. They provided sampans for us to ride to our main bumboat which was docked in the middle of the Mekong River! Talk about traffic jam on the road!Day4
Back to reality. Holidays do not last forever. Did a little last minute shopping before we packed our bags and headed back to Singapore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home