- WANTED -

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Year 2007

Happy New Year to All.

New year eve was spent in camp. Which only meant one thing. I crossed over to the new year in camp. It was indeed a new experience rather than going out with the usual friends and family members to sentosa to countdown. During the last few seconds of 2006, YewMun was on the phone with his girlfriend and was telling us how many seconds more to countdown. When the clock struck 12MN, the most amazing thing happened. All the ships out in the sea fired flares up into the sky. The most facinating thing is that the flares were fired all at the same time, so synchronised. At the same time, SAF Yatch club went up in bright sparks and flames. It literally lit up the whole area. All the yatches, were all "on flames" not literally of course. The sky too was lit with fireworks from Suntec area and Batam. Only one word to describe the moment-BEAUTIFUL. The only person who actually slept through the new year was Jeremy. Thus in order to punish him we decided to do something illegal. Upon the count on 3, we rushed into the bunk and shouted like mad dogs before one by one everyone pounced on him. Till the last person was on Jeremy, everyone just said "HAPPY NEW YEAR JEREMY!" hahahaha. Hows that from the usual taupok Jeremy!

After booking out, I went out with my BMT mates. Headed to Fish and Co for some high class sea food. Food was good and cheap. Ordered lots of stuff and shared among all of us so that we could have different variety of food. Paid about 20 bucks in the end. Not too bad. Walked around and took some pictures after that. Its really been a long time since I met these guys. All of em are posted to units all around Singapore. Yannicks-field engineer, Chris-SAF band, Heng and Darren- 3SG and 2Sg in 3SIR, WanNok-3SG in Guards, Qiling-signaller in Airforce and me-3Sg SeaSoldier. For the rest who didnt go, ZhongYan-3SG armour, Nigel and Josh-3SGs CBRE, ZhengJie-Pilot, Benjamin-6SIRand Kaiyang-3SG 6SIR. All of us went to units all over Singapore. But we came from the one and only one 06/01 Orion Platoon 1 Section2.

New Year celebrations were great. But it lacked something. I guess only I know what it is.

Well my New Year 2007 Resolutions.
1) Finish studying "A" level chem and start on Uni Chem.
2) Get my driving and powerboat licence.
3) Complete a Marathon in 5 hrs without stopping.
4) Save $$$.

Well, I've been testing out my new shoes and getting used to it. I must say it felt weird at the start but damn its so comfy. With this pair of shoes, I will make my 3rd new year resolution come true. Ran about 20km with it already. I must say this pair of shoes is really worth my money. Good buy! But damn I guess i must cut down on doing weight. I gained 400g from one week of doing weights larh! I must get lighter to run faster.

Oh a Navy track and field meet came up. Haiz I couldn't resist the temptation. I signed up for 100m and 200m. Looking at the registration form really brought back lots of memories from my track days in SJI. All though I didn't get to run in competitions much due to SJI having too many top athletes, but it was indeed an enjoyable experience and time running with them. Still remember the first time I went for training, warm up was like 2.4km! I almost couldn't take it. Than came sprints, hurdles macdonald's run and Coach Russel from Australia with his track camp. Wonderful times. Then education time with Mr Rainer Paul, now head coach of Singapore Sports School. Thats where I learnt alot about running. Runnning and sprinting isnt that simple itself. Theres lots to focus on like your technique. How high you lift your leg, bending your body forward, proper stretching make a difference to your run. I even learnt the various type of stretching- basic, calistenic (dunnoe if its spelt correctly) and dynamics. It was indeed a learning experience. And of cos the time we laugh and cry during competitions. And the most importantly the friendships forged. People like Phang, Justin, Nonis, Vicki, KeatLoon, Salman, Boon, ChunXiang, Murali, Hakeem and who can forget Krishnan and many more made life in track memorable.

Lots to reflect for the New Year I guess.

To someone
why take SOOO Long
-Reply Email?-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home